Please register at Brainspotting Phase Two Training October 24-26 - Cynthasis
Christine Ranck, PhD, LCSW and Cynthia Schwartzberg, LCSW are Senior Brainspotting Trainers and Supervisors with over 30 years of experience in private practice, Christine in NYC and Cynthia in NYC/Atlanta. Close colleagues of Dr. David Grand, discoverer/developer of Brainspotting, they participate in a monthly consultation group with Dr. Grand. They specialize in working with survivors of profound trauma, and in creativity and performance enhancement for athletes, artists and performers, and are internationally known seminar leaders and speakers.
Who is this training for?
This course for Psychologists, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors, Creative Arts Therapists and Chemical Dependency Counselors. Your certificate will be available at www.ceuregistration after the course. A link will be provided to register for it. Course Content is at Intermediate Level.
This 3-day Brainspotting Phase Two training is an Intermediate course and will begin with an extensive overview of how to do Brainspotting effectively online in this traumatic time of Covid-19. We will discuss your own Limbic Countertransference during this pandemic and how you can best serve your activated clients. We will review in detail how to do all of the Phase One techniques remotely including: Outside and Inside Window, Gazespotting, and Body Resource Brainspotting.
Trainees will be introduced to five additional Phase Two techniques that are very important and effective for resourcing your clients deeply. This includes One-Eye Brainspotting, Z-Axis-3 Dimensional Brainspotting using close and far, this includes Convergence Therapy which expands the Z-Axis to activate the vagus nerve through the ocular cardiac reflex. This prevents panic attacks and is very effective in reducing activation. In this era of such existential trauma, we will be presenting two advanced Outside Window techniques including “Rolling Brainspotting” with slow eye tracking stopping briefly on each Brainspot. Advanced techniques will also include combined Inside-Outside Brainspotting where both reflexive responses and the client’s sense of highest activation are used together to find Brainspots.
Day 3 will be devoted to the second level of the Advanced Resource Model. This will entail combining the resource aspects of One-Eye and Z-Axis Brainspotting. This addresses working with clients with Very Complex PTSD and those outside of the Brainspotting Window of Tolerance.
Techniques taught with PowerPoint lecture, discussion with Q & A, demonstrations and practicums will be done online.
- Utilize components taught in Brainspotting (Outside and Inside Window and Gazespotting)
- Utilize Dual Attunement Frame
- Demonstrate and use One-Eye Brainspotting
- Demonstrate and use 3 Dimensional Z-Axis and Convergence Therapy
- Demonstrate and use Rolling Brainspotting
- Demonstrate and use combined Inside-Outside Brainspotting
- Demonstrate and use Second Level of the Advanced Resource Model
- Review the components of Brainspotting
- Utilize the techniques of “One-Eye Brainspotting,” “Z-Axis,” “Rolling Brainspotting,” “Inside-Outside Brainspotting” and the “Advanced Resource Model of Brainspotting.”
- Define how Brainspotting can be applied to Trauma, Dissociation, Sports psychology, Somatic conditions
- Demonstrate the theories and practices of Brainspotting